Money laundering is an example of financial crime. It's also unusual because it's a crime where a victim can be prosecuted. But it's far from the only financial crime that can get businesses, their owners and senior officers into trouble. There's fraud, providing assistance or money to terrorists, bribery and corruption and more.
This "Awareness" course is not country or industry specific. It describes the areas that business owners, directors and managers, regardless of the type of business their companies operate in, need to know about.
It's Quick (just 15 minutes) and you'll find out if you want - or need - to Learn More.
This is a non-certificated course and there is no test. Subscription is single-use and expires when you complete the course or after 14 days, whichever comes first.
Cost of course: GBP5.00 including UK VAT where applicable.
To purchase this course, click on the button in the header.
Course language: English
1. Site registration
2. Quick To Learn More - About and Manual
Pre-existing subject knowledge required: none
Time required: about 15 minutes
Subscription expires: 14 days
Age limit: 16 plus
Price: GBP5.00 including UK VAT where applicable
Payment method: credit or debit card
Payment Gateway: Stripe
1. Do I need to know about money laundering and other financial crime?
2. General liability; the Regulated Sector
3. What what are money laundering and terrorist financing and how could I get into trouble?
4. What are bribery, corruption and plunder, extortion, blackmail and embezzlement?
5. Other financial crimes
6. My business is not in the regulated sector. Why should I care?
7. Examples of businesses that money launderers trick into taking their dirty money.
8. Are there people I should be particularly wary of dealing with?
9. What has all this to do with why it's so difficult to open a bank, electricity or phone account?
10. What should I do next?
11. Crimes against the business
Test: Awareness course: Financial Crime Awareness for non-financial businesses